Our Holiday Home Cleaning Checklist
Your entryway is the gateway to your home and having a plan for cleaning this front door space is a great way to reduce stress during this holly jolly time.
- Have any summer lawn maintenance tools hanging out on your front porch? Take the time to clear any seasonal items that aren’t being used from your front steps and store them in the garage.
- Give your front steps a sweep, moving any planters or holiday decor items.
- If the snow’s blown on to your front steps, give them a good shovel and break up any ice that may have formed on the path to your front door.
- Sprinkle salt or gravel if needed to prevent slips or falls for visitors - a safe holiday is a happy holiday!
Entertaining friends and family over the holidays is one of the most fun parts of the season, but their winter jackets and boots will need to be stored somewhere.5. Prevent winter wear pile-ups from moving past the entryway by clearing space in your closet beforehand and ensuring there are extra empty hangers. Store any items like summer footwear or spring jackets in free closet space somewhere else in your home for the season.6. Remove clutter or additional items that found their way to the closet and put them back in their rightful places.7. Give the door panels a wipe down with a damp microfibre cloth, including a wipe around the handle.8. Removing the shoe rack and vacuuming out the floor of the closet is a nice way to deep clean your space.
9. Remove the carpet from your entryway and give it a good shake outside to remove any dirt, dust and pebbles stuck in the fibres, then put it through a cycle in the washing machine to freshen it up.If you have had your entryway area rug for awhile and it seems to have lost some of it’s glimmer, give us a ring for a quick and easy quote on area rug cleaning.By taking the time to clean your entryway before the holidays get hectic, you’ll ease the stress of the holiday season and enjoy a cheery Christmas instead.